CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday

Crafty fever

My ward has been having a lot of mini classes to make crafties.
I have really enjoyed learning new skills.
I had never used mod podge before. That is how these family letters were done. Wood block letters and paper mod podged to the front.
Very fun to make.
I had never done vinyl lettering either. (I know, where have I been?) This project was super simple, and I love how it turned out.
I decided to try wire for the name tags. We had to do that part at home because they didn't want to choose ribbons for everyone. I like the look of the wire, but someday I could change it out for ribbon, or leather laces, or licorice, the possibilities are endless!

Feeling inspired by my craftiness, I made these Mackenzie letters on my own. I bought the wooden letters and mod podged the papers to the front. I know they look a little crooked, I didn't have time to fuss with them at the moment.


I also went to a class where we learned how to make truffles. Fascinating process, but I am not skilled enough to attempt that one on my own.

3 comments:

CJ said...

I am jealous! I don't know how to do vinyl lettering either. I think your projects turned out great! I need to learn more crafty stuff now that I have just a smidge more patience. I wish I still had little ones to make stuff like this for:(

Amy said...

I love the idea to use wire for your FHE chart - very creative & it looks fantastic.

On a sidenote, hope you're working on filling that extra spot in your chart!

April said...

I am so impressed! And inspired!