Sam is in the CTR 7 class, and Mackenzie is in CTR 5. This is just starting to sink in. I paused and realized that Sam will be 7 and Kenzie will be 5 this year. Why is this causing reflection? Because thinking of their ages reminded me of how long we have lived in AZ now. It will be 5 years in February. 5 years. I do recall when we moved down here something about a 4 year plan of staying in AZ for Erik to get going with his career, then back up to Idaho. Well, we aren't showing any signs of leaving AZ for a long time, and I have had time (a year) to come to grips with this. I have decided 3 important things: 1. that life will go on no matter where we live, 2. I have met so many great people and I want to build on those friendships, and 3. I haven't fully lived here yet. I would like to explore this state and get to know more about it.
8 years ago

5 comments:
Sam and Kenzie are so cute! I think Kenzie has changed the most though. I just remember those giant blue eyes! Yeah, I moved to Arizona and said as soon as I turn 18, I am outta here! Well, you know how old I am now, so much for the plan.
I know what you mean, Sam was in Dylan's class at church and now she sits in the back of primary instead of the front, and Victoria sits in the front. Now if I could just get the other 3 in nursery, or something. Sam and Kenzie have grown so much, you don't really see it in your own kids, but you do when you haven't seen some one in a long time. They are so cute.
They grow so fast don't they? I can see a little Eric and Melissa in their faces. They looks so pretty and of course handsome all dressed up!
They look darling! And though "near Mexico" may not be your dream living location, I'm thrilled that you're here. We'll hopefully keep you in AZ for a long time to come!
Too cute! I love the kids(mini you & Erik) in their Sunday best.
Post a Comment