I hope you have a great Easter Sunday. We are keeping it low key. No bunny, no eggs, no fun. Erik and I decided on this. The kids don't even know what they are missing (lest you feel sorry for them, I always have candy in the house). We have been talking about Jesus Christ all week through little mini lessons and they are learning about Easter.
We are going to have a feast tomorrow. I am so excited! We are having turkey and all the fixings. I will also hopefully have some cute pics of the kids all fancied up.
8 years ago

3 comments:
I wish I had the courage to do that! My family had a COW when I mentioned I might not want to introduce Santa, the Easter Bunny and Halloween (come on, a pagan holiday celebrating EVIL!) We try to keep it low key, but it never is. Kudos to you both!
Good job! We don't do the fictional characters either. We agreed that it veers away from the real meaning and that wasn't what we wanted to teach our kids. Kudos!
We did that daily thing also and it was great. Nate's family had an egg hunt Saturday and I was glad because I didn't want one on Sunday. I did, however, make the mistake of giving them Easter baskets Sunday morning and it seemed to wipe out all the spiritual Easter stuff we'd done all week. Next year, maybe I'll nix the baskets too or do them on Saturday, but definitely not on Sunday.
Post a Comment