I watched his program as a child. I was always drawn to how calm and good he was. I also loved the Land of Make Believe. It really was amazingly creative, all of the different puppet characters and how they interacted. I will never forget the time that Lady Elaine Fairchilde (my favorite) got so upset with King Friday that she moved the Museum-Go-Round out of the neighborhood.
A few things I enjoyed about his show were:
Watching how things were made on Picture Picture.
Watching him make a craft out of paper (he kept the box of supplies under his kitchen sink and he always put them away when he was done).
When he would take us on walks to visit some neighbor.
Here are some fun number facts about Mr. Rogers:
5: The age at which Rogers began playing piano
8: The percentage of households tuned in to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood at its ratings peak, in 1985.
24: The number of cardigans Rogers had over the course of his career
33: Number of seasons that Mister Rogers' Neighborhood produced new episodes
40: Number of honorary degrees awarded to Rogers
60: Number of seconds of silence that Rogers would ask for at speaking engagements; he would instruct the audience to use the minute of silence to remember those who helped them become who they were.
200: Number of songs Rogers wrote during his career
And for one of my own:
8: The percentage of households tuned in to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood at its ratings peak, in 1985.
24: The number of cardigans Rogers had over the course of his career
33: Number of seasons that Mister Rogers' Neighborhood produced new episodes
40: Number of honorary degrees awarded to Rogers
60: Number of seconds of silence that Rogers would ask for at speaking engagements; he would instruct the audience to use the minute of silence to remember those who helped them become who they were.
200: Number of songs Rogers wrote during his career
And for one of my own:
3: the number of times his "Tree Tree Tree" tune pops into my head each day.


4 comments:
I was just missing him the other day.
I thought about him the other day too! I was changing from my work clothes to my lounge clothes and smiled at how he would do the same thing! He is wonderful! I loved the sound of trolley coming, feeding his fish, going to the crayon factory and how he took his time telling you things.
Uga Muga Daniel Tiger!
We love Mr. Rogers too! Fortunately we still get to see his reruns on PBS. So now my boys get to enjoy him and Mr. McFeely any day they want.
Post a Comment