CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday

A post for Amy

When I told Amy about the town I grew up in, she asked me to take a ton of pictures so she could see it. Amy, I hope it is everything you dreamed it could be.
Allow me to be your tour guide.
Here we have the city center. Surrounded by majestic mountains, and nestled beside a cozy river, deer and birds wait to greet you every morn'.

The mountains make a lovely summer's eve awning.
To the left you can see the river, wheat fields, and bliss.
A closer view of the river reveals it's true beauty. As a youth, I swam, pretended to fish, and floated down it on inner tubes and a small raft named The Sea Star.
I hope you enjoyed your tour. Feel free to come back any time.

10 comments:

April said...

hey are you still in town???

Megan said...

That is gorgeous. I want to live there. What a fabulous p;lace to grow up and raise children. I mean not that this hot, dusty desert isn't nice too.

Amy said...

Aw, thanks for the tour. It is truly a lovely-looking town. But I'm glad you guys are headed back to the heat this week to suffer with us!

Grandma Turtle said...

Kamiah is sure beautiful! Someday I'm going to go there and see your Mom. I'd love to see more pics of your trip......your sibs and their families. And of you, of course!

The White's said...

That is awesome, but we miss you guys. Come home and suffer with the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Wow how charming! I was glad to see it too! I sure missed you and am glad you are back! Did you survive girls camp?

***LIZ*** said...

Wow Melissa, you are a fairytale princess, can you call birds to come and help with the housework? Was Erik really hairy before you married him?

Mandi said...

That's gorgeous! Where is it in Idaho?

Stacey said...

That is really fun! I am so glad for the tour. The river would be awesome! Ah, the days of the being a kid. Hey thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm so popular now! Ha

Diana said...

Gorgeous! I remember as a kid always wanting to visit you guys. I also remember my parents telling me that it was as far to your house from Grandma's as it was from our house in AZ to Grandma's... so it would be double the trip. I still say it would have been fun to drive that far, give you all a hug and turn around and drive back! ;) Someday I would really still love to go there!