CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

Start Spreading the News
Any one that knows me, knows that I long to take a trip to NYC.
Today, that dream came true.
I am typing this from NYC!
I won the trip from the L. E. Go Co.
That's a fun story. I went to eat at a fancy restaurant on a major holiday. While I was waiting for my food, I started coloring on my menu with the crayons they provided. Right there on the paper menu, was a coloring contest and the winner would win a fabulous trip to a fun place. I put a little better effort into my coloring and gave it to my waiter to be entered. He sort of gave me a funny look and asked if I was under 12. I took my paper back and read the fine print. I did need to be under 12 to enter. So, I put my age down as 2, and I gave it to a kid at the table next to me along with a quarter and instructions to hand it in for me. The next thing I know there is a woman screaming and yelling that her child is choking. I quickly turned around, and in my hurry, I knocked a small child off her chair and sent her to the floor. She started coughing and crying. Turned out to be the same kid I had given my paper to. She had been choking on the quarter I slipped her. It's a good thing I was there. They called me a hero. I told them that the best gift they could give me was to let that little girl win the coloring contest. Luckily everything was done by mail, so, since my address was on the paper, the prize came to ME!
I took a long bus ride and was shocked to find myself in NYC!
I must say this one thing and be done with it.
It really looks so much bigger on TV.
OK, maybe I'm not done saying stuff.
It took me about 1.5 minutes to walk around the entire city. I didn't even need a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, I simply skipped right to it.
What the heck?
The weirdest part was that there were NO people there.
The other weirdest strangest thing was that I tripped on a taxi cab.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start spreading the news... Melissa is a compulsive thievery photo expert... but only on Thursdays.