I is for Imagination.
Here are toys that I believe stimulate one's Imagination:
- paper! something has to be created from a piece of paper. A picture, an airplane, a note, a doll, etc.
- blocks! wooden blocks, and lego blocks, duh.
- yarn or string!
- pencil! goes great with paper!
- camera!
- story books! one has to imagine the characters, the setting, etc.
- dolls & action figures! they can't talk and fight for themselves.
- nature! trees, sticks, flowers, ponds, rocks, critters, clouds

6 comments:
entheogens!
Both of my kids like to dress up and play in forts.
I love books and movies. Right now I can't get enough of Jane Austen...
Fabric inspires me! Love the feel of it, the look of it, the smell of it, the colors of it, and so much more!
Food and Recipes: Once you know the basic scientology of food and their chemical reactions to other ingredients, my imagination rolls on!
Many thanks to extra help from Alton Brown from Food Network!
Don't forget water. It has been the source of lots of creativity at our house over the years. Magic potions, erosion tables, mud pies, invisible painting on the driveway . . .
What a great post! I like coloring, hide and seek and playing in the bathtub... for my kids, not me, well, me too.
Post a Comment