He hates masks, spiders, costumes, store displays, Halloween dummies that scream or talk, and any other scary thing.
I had asked him what he wanted to dress up as.
He said, "Henry". I said, would you like to be a (insert several ideas), and every time he would say, "No, I want to be Henry!"
One day, he said he wanted to be a jack-o-lantern.
I ran with it.
I made him a costume.
He LOVES it.
(that was sarcasm)
So, don't be afraid if you see a Henry out on Halloween.

5 comments:
I would LOVE to see a Henry out on Halloween. I've never heard any child have that response - it's sort of endearing, really...or is that just because Henry's all-out endearing?
Henry, you come on over to my house on halloween..... I think it is a dumb holiday, too. We will do puzzles, read stories, have hot chocolate and cookies, do a craft project, maybe a little art work, and generally have a nice time without one single bit of scary stuff. Why do adults spend money on a tradition that encourages our children to be greedy (going to door after door with a gimme gimme attitude), gruesome, fake (pretending to be something we're not), fat (from eating so much candy all at once), and generally mean to one another with spears, swords, etc.? Wouldn't it be better to teach them to go out one day a year and perform some sort of secret service for someone? Or go door to door LEAVING candy/surprises for someone else to find and enjoy? Personally, I hate halloween and wish it would go away. I realize my attitude is odd. Oh well!
Henry, you are a boy after my own heart! I can't stand Halloween and I never liked it as a child either. You go Boy!
This post made me laugh, thanks for sharing! I had a few other people read it, too, and we all agree: funny, funny. The candid pic of Henry was the perfect illustration.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who hated Halloween... fall I adore. Halloween is of the devil. Paganistic celebration of rotting corpses come back to haunt you... these are our loved ones, why can't it be fall-day without all the gore (oh yea, that's why I started Harvest Fest, he he)
Post a Comment