CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday

Melissa's Ranting

Today I rant about actors.  Paid. Professional. Actors. 
I love movies.  I love the way a story comes to life on the big screen.
Whenever I watch a dvd, I like to check the menu for "gag reels".  The other night I was watching said reels, and I had a change of heart.  I didn't think the little goof ups were so funny any more.  These actors were being paid for their work and they were goofing up and giggling!  In how many other professions would this be acceptable?
Doctors or Nurses?  "Whoops, I gave you the wrong heart, hahahahaha, let's take it from the top."
Police Officers?  "I pulled you over because you were...hahahahaha, I can't do this when you make that silly face at me!"
Judges?  "I forgot my line, could someone tell me what I was suppose to say?"
Honestly!  I think the entertainers have forgotten that it is the audience they are entertaining, and not themselves.  Case and Point, Jimmy Fallon.  Did you ever watch SNL when he was a cast member?  He cracked himself up in almost every skit he acted in.  While I have been OK with the occasional SNL giggle (allowing for an actual live goof up that was unexpected) I enjoy it a lot more when they act the way they should and leave the laughing to me.
Sum Up:
I think movie and tv show producers should start charging fees to actors when they goof up. 
Now that would be professional.

4 comments:

azcactus63 said...

I agree....I love the old Carol Burnett shows, Tim Conway was a hoot, his goal was to get them to laugh and he very very rarely did...love the blog-Rowdens

Anonymous said...

I agree, it seems unprofessional of Fallon to laugh so much at himself. It makes me stop laughing!

Amy said...

YOU are a hoot!

jessica poole robins said...

For some reason that is exactly why I liked Jimmy on SNL...it was hilarious to watch him try not to crack (and fail).
By the way--I love the gag reel for the new Star Trek movie! (but for different reasons--they all try to use Scottish accents...)