CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday

How do you begin to say thank you...

when you've been overwhelmed by the best friends around?
.
Answer: I use my blog to tell cyberspace how awesome they are.
.
I have two friends that threw me the best baby shower ever.  Even better, it was a complete surprise to me.
.
One of them is very tricky, and might I add, scary good at lying to me.  Well done, Megan on keeping such a fun secret from me and for organizing, inviting, decorating, and going to a lot of work for me. 
.
The other one had to lie on the fly.  One day, I went over to Amy's house and she was making a lot of sugar cookies, and since I invited myself in, she had to tell me they were for a sister's-in-law baby shower.  She even let me eat one to tell her if they were good.  Little did I know they were for me.  Thank you, Amy for making all of the yummy food, cookies, decorating, banner making, inviting, and all that you did for me.
.
Walking into that crowded living room and hearing "Surprise!" and having it be for me, makes me teary.  I can't believe how many friends I have.  I felt so special and so loved.  We should do this every week.Thank you again and again!  I love you, my friends.
.
P.S.I am sorry that you had to tell lies.  If you need an appointment with the Bishop, just give me a call.

4 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

That's awesome! You and your baby will be well taken care of there--and that makes us all happy for you! I loved your last line--LOL!

Megan said...

The bishop lied too!

Amy said...

I just kept thinking "Melissa is way too smart not to figure this all out" - I guess we're just lucky that pregnancy throws you off your A game!

Grandma Turtle said...

Thanks to all you AZ Ladies for taking such good care of my Niece and her family. You are ALL in Good Hands.... some from above, and each other's.