I prepared and prepared, and it's over. This was a very memorable Christmas for me. Erik decided oh about a week before Christmas that we should drive up to Idaho and surprise my family. So we packed up clothes and presents and drove up. We stayed with his family for a couple of days in Boise. On Christmas Eve, we drove up to my parents home town of Kamiah, Idaho. We gathered on their porch and sang carols until my mom opened the door. Boy, you should have seen her face (I did take a picture, but she refused to let me post it) just imagine a jaw dropping as far as it can. That was my best most favorite surprise I have ever done. My sister's family was there as well, so that made it extra fun (hi Kristin).
Christmas was awesome. We ate lots of good food, got lots of fun presents, and enjoyed every minute we got to spend there. The only crummy part was the drive back home. After spending two days in the car, the five of us and the dog, we sure got on each others nerves. A nice quiet day at home has fixed everything and we all like each other again.
8 years ago

2 comments:
I love suprises! What a fun thing to do for Christmas. I agree, the drive home is always crumby, it's such a let down. I wish you could drive there and fly home.
What a fantastic surprise! I love that you did this so spur of the moment...and your families were probably so thrilled!
Welcome back!
Post a Comment