CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday

Serious Hair Loss Part 1

It has happened.
No more saying, "MY children would never do THAT!"
or, "See what that child did, they look hilarious!"
or "How could her mother let that happen?"
Mackenzie went and took a pair of scissors to her hair.
That is putting it mildly.
She has a mullet, yes friends she CHOPPED off both sides of her hair.
I came into the office looking for her and the first thing I saw
were the little clumps of hair on the floor.
The next thing I saw was her quickly putting the scissors down.
I just starred.
She apologized several times.
I cried.
I asked her why and she said she really wanted a haircut
and Grandma's house was too far away (that's where she got her last haircut).
I guess she is a girl of action, take out the middle man and do what needs to be done.
I'm sure that will serve her well one day.
Tomorrow I will get it professionally fixed.
I will perhaps have pictures then.
I didn't have the heart to take a picture of it today,
so here is a picture I took last week of my attempt at braids.
In loving memory.

4 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry about McKenzie's noo doo! When you found her, did your stomach just wrench as you tried to decide if you should be mad at her, or just scoop her up and hug her? Her braids are (were?) so pretty. Good luck at the beauty shop tomorrow. Send us a new picture! I bet she'll look adorable.

Amy said...

Come on, Melissa...if anyone can pull of a mullet it's Kenzie! Please please please post a picture before the big fix...you'll be able to laugh it off some day!

Megan said...

My stomach hurts for you.
I am sure it will be adorable after having it fixed up.

Mandi said...

"In loving memory" I love that. Two girls and that still hasn't happened. Savannah is too obsessed with having long "princess" hair, but London I could see doing something like that. I want to see pictures too and I agree with Amy that someday you'll laugh it off. Oh, and little girls with short cuts are always so darling!