CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

For those of you not familiar with my thievery project...I steal an image off of a friend's blog and make up my own caption for it. This all came about from trying to come up with a post every day for a month. By the end of the month, I had nothing. It was a Thursday, and I thought, what's a "th" word to go with Thursday that I could blog about. Thievery came to me very quickly. Weeks later I saw on Jami's blog that she does "Thankful Thursday", I thought it was very funny that "Thankful" hadn't even crossed my mind.
Enough ranting, here is my steal of the day (which I will dedicate to my Aunt Darla):

"The Other Mailbox"

You may all be familiar with the old church movie "The Mailbox". It is the story of an elderly woman, Leethie, who is all alone. Every day she walks to the mailbox in hopes of receiving a letter. Every day brings disappointment. She eventually dies of a heart attack when she finally gets a letter. But this is "The Other Mailbox". It is the story of a little boy, The Boy. He writes to Leethie every day and puts his letter in the mailbox. Every day he gets one of those letters back with a "Return To Sender" stamped on it. Every day The Boy grows weaker, he is losing all hope. The Boy doesn't know...Leethie is dead.


8 comments:

Kindall Family said...

LOL.
I think there may be something wrong with you, Melissa.

But it's okay, you make me laugh!

Amy said...

That was decidedly dark, my friend. In a delightful way, of course. I'm so glad Thursday didn't pass without a post!

***LIZ*** said...

Oh my, you really have the best sence of humour, I love thursdays!

CJ said...

This made my day! You are so freaking funny, Melissa.

Mandi said...

So funny - thanks for the laugh.

Grandma Turtle said...

Melissa, I will never be the same, now that you have given me a new life.... or shall we say, a new death! Loved your story! I feel so badly that The Boy isn't getting any of my letters.....surely I've been sending them to him. . . .

Anonymous said...

I like it better when you steal things from your neighbors on Thursdays... but we can't all be happy! (ha ha)

The Earls said...

I love your Thursdays. Today I can't seem to stop laughing. Thanks for the smile.