We had the best day ever yesterday. The proof of this lies in 2 facts: I didn't have time to post about it, and I didn't take a single picture. Some proof huh? I can give you a timetable of events as they occurred though.
8am - got out of bed, that in and of itself could have made it the best day ever, but there's more
9am - had cinnamon rolls and juice for breakfast (seriously, it could end right here from pure joy)
10am - went bowling as a family and two great things happened there
a) Mackenzie rolled her ball so slowly that when it got all the way down the alley, it bumped into a pin and stopped, not knocking down a single pin. I had never witnessed that before, it was beautiful.
b) I beat Erik even though he took a bowling class in college. I mean, who takes a bowling class in college and then EVER loses a game? Kind of makes me doubt the power of higher education.
11am - we went to the Olive Garden for lunch
12pm - Chuck-E-Cheese (not so much on the fun side for me, but the kids were nicely overstimulated)
1:30pm - went to Toys R Us on the way home and bought some squirt guns
3pm - went home, did some yard work
4pm - had a massive water fight and for Henry it went something like this: "I'm going to cry if you squirt me, and laugh hysterically if I squirt you!"
5:30 - had cereal for dinner
6pm - FHE and cookies
7:30pm - put the kids to bed
8pm - watched a movie with my lovie
There you have it. The proof was in the pudding.
8 years ago

4 comments:
For the record, I let my wife win. That and I couldn't find the ball I wanted, and the sun was in my eyes. I will probably never live down the fact that I took a bowling class in college. I am and will always be a marked man. And it's not like they really taught us much of anything. Easy A though.
What a marathon of a day! That's about a week's (or a month's) worth of fun activities all smashed into one day! Remind your kids about how lucky they are to have you guys for parents. :)
How fun! You guys are such good parents! I want to go too!!!
Sounds perfect. For the record- You guys happen to be amazing.
Post a Comment