CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Well it's happened, my children started school today. I had to get a shot of them before they left. Unfortunately, the older ones had already run off (they think they are so cool being in High School and Middle School and College). But here is a cute picture I got of the younger ones:
Of course we are missing my little preschool kids and the babies.
Here's a heartwarming story about our morning: As I was fixin' Mary's hair and stirring the stockpot of oatmeal and packin' all the sack lunches and changin' the babies and getting gum out of Lulabell's hair and scrubbing last night's dishes and brushin' Bubba's teeth and sewing another ruffle onto Phoebe's skirt and writing their names on all of their school supplies and memorizing their class schedules & classroom numbers and signing student forms, well I felt a little tug on my shirt and there was little Mimi lookin' all scared and she says, "Mama, I no wan go schoo, I wan stay wi you all time." And that's when I said, "Mimi, you best get to school and hope your 4th grade teacher is better than that 3rd grade one, you don't talk right!" But it teared me up all the same her wanting to stay like that.
I sure do enjoy the freedom in my day now since I only have the 6 smallest ones at home. I don't mean to sound "boastful", but I just don't know what to do with all of the spare time!

7 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

Cute lil darlins ya got thar. Wuz it REELEE yo' first day o skool tuday?

Shellee said...

Hey Ma! You wan me ta go scoop that there possum off the rode for sup'r? He done not hit em bad, guts are still tugethr... maybe iz a skunk, I seen it get smac'd by that Diesel Pa wuz drivin'

Really, Melissa, that was awesome! You have got to get some women together and play Quiddler, literal, phonetic spelling.
Fon - What you call some one on.
Mique - That mouse at Dis-nee-land.

Amy said...

Love it...your Thursdays never disappoint!

Stacey said...

My kids are famous! And that's pretty much how our morning went, although 6 little ones would put me in the nut house!

Eva said...

That little Mimi has such a tender heart

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I just fell out of my chair laughing - I could just squeeze you, you brighten my day so!!!!

Kimmie said...

Thursdays edition of your blog is seriously my guilty pleasure. Even my husband checks it. You should have a t.v. show or something!