My life imitated art today.
When Miss Megan got into a fender bender, her family decided she would be safer if she had a chauffeur to driver her around. This embarrassed Miss Megan because she was afraid people would think she was either a) a drunkard or b) so rich that she could afford a chauffeur.
She reluctantly agreed, and that is where I come in.
Today was my first day on the job. I picked up Miss Megan and dropped her son off at his school. She then requested that I drive her to two different stores so she could do some shopping. We shared great conversations and found out that even though we are so different, we had many things in common, like a love of Junior Mints. She found out that I didn't know how to text message with my phone, and (I'm getting choked up) she took the time to teach me. We picked up her son from school and she had me drop her off at her mother's house.
Tonight I picked her up for her book club meeting. I was too early and that sent her into a panic. She recovered and I drove her to the meeting where I sat in the car and waited because I wasn't allowed in. After the meeting she had me drive her to her mother's home so she could get some money (I hope that was legal). Then, I drove her to "the home" and gave her caretaker a ride home too.
I learned a lot today. I learned that barriers are placed on people so that they have to reach out and need others. It was nice to feel needed. Even though I got paid in candy and laughter, it was worth it.
I also learned how to add links to my posts, so read the plot of Driving Miss Daisy, and you will get deja vu.
8 years ago

4 comments:
Thank you for driving all over the greater queen creek area. I had fun, but then the gas bill wasn't on my tab, so who knows.
Driving Miss Megan, very clever!
I almost felt the deja vu, except where was the pie feeding at the end.
Aw..so sweet. When is it my turn to be chauffeured around town??!
Post a Comment