CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday

Mackenzie's Birthday Part 1

Today my girl is 5!
I am giving you live up to date play by plays of her fabulous day.
Last night my excellent friend Eva, helped me make her a dress out of a man's shirt. First off let me say, yes this material was actually a man's very girly shirt.
Second off, Eva made the making of it so delightful. It only took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I covered one of her headbands with some left over fabric, but I think I will look for a pretty flower to put on top of it.
I had to include this picture too.
She loves her birthday dress, and is very happy to get to wear it to preschool today.
I let her open one present this morning.
My mom had sent me the whole set of these Madame Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls that McDonald's was giving away in happy meals, a year ago. I am so glad I saved them and she knew nothing about them, because now she is the perfect age to enjoy them. I am also very happy to keep encouraging her love of Dorothy.

8 comments:

Amy said...

the dress is so dang cute! Happy Birthday Mackenzie!

Grandma Turtle said...

What a little Cutie Pie! In less than a year, she gets to start school! I wish she attended MY school. Then I could hug her every day. :)

***LIZ*** said...

Happy Birthday Kenzie!! Oh my goodness, I love that dress!! Now I just need a little girl to make them for....

Diana said...

What an adorable dress! You are aware that she looks just like you?! :D Happy Birthday!! If you lived by us, we'd have 2 girls that would LOVE to play with you because you're right smack in the middle of them! ;)

gina said...

You're so crafty and smart.

April said...

that dress (and your daughter) is so adorable!! and those wizard of oz dolls are cute---you must be happy she's into the WoO.

Megan said...

that dress is so dang cute. Happy birthday Big MACK. (see what I did there?)

The Earls said...

Happy Birthday! Ok, now you have to tell us how exactly you make a dress out of a man's shirt! It's adorable.