CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

Today, I had a great idea.
"I'm going to make a yummy smoothie all from scratch!" says I.
I go about the task, reading several cookbooks and comparing recipes. I decided to make a strawberry-banana-coconut one. Yum, I could already taste it!
I gathered some of the things I would need. Then I saw, yogurt as the third ingredient. Yikes! I had never made yogurt before. Several hours later, I had what looked to be some sort of yogurt. OK, next! Cream of coconut? OK, so I creamed a coconut, weird process, let me tell you. I'm really getting kind of hungry and tired at this point, but I kept looking at this picture for motivation:
Once mine was finally made, I joyfully poured it into a glass and took a very generous gulp. It was HORRIBLE! Worse than horrible, the curdling yogurt was oozing down my throat, burning as it went. I had forgotten the ice, easy fix! Ice added, another taste, oh much WORSE! Now the curdled bits were frozen and stinging my burned throat.
That recipe was a failure!
I went to dump it out only to be confronted with this: I don't know how those fancy restaurants make hundreds of smoothies a day, 'cause I can't wrap my head around multiplying this mess of one smoothie by 100!

5 comments:

Amy said...

That looks like my sink yesterday... with no yummy smoothie to fall back on either. But that picture does make me want to try.

Shellee said...

You're so silly. I am sure that Charmen is thrilled that you are repeating her pic of a messy kitchen. Hee Hee. Better her than me, I guess.

Grandma Turtle said...

Melissa, do you remember your Grandma's white corelle cereal bowls like the ones in Charmen's sink? Usually they were filled with ice cream.... :)

CJ said...

Sad to say, I could probably take a picture of my sink right now and it would look exactly the same!:) Hey, don't judge I've been working at my paying job all day.;)

Anonymous said...

Good one!