We recently rearranged our living room, moving the TV to a different wall. In doing that, we were left with some wall on both sides of the TV which none of our pictures would fit nicely (Holy long sentence!). Erik commissioned me to paint two pictures.
I took the kids to Michael's (love that store) yesterday, and found two canvases measuring 15.75" by 47.2", pretty much the size I wanted.
I knew I wanted to do some trees, but the narrowness of the canvas only allowed for some branches. I didn't take many pictures during painting (I was in the zone), so here is one with just the background painted, and one with the bare branches:
OK, I have to tell you I am in love with this bronze paint I picked up yesterday. When it dries it is all shiny and metallic. Love it! After I paint the other branches today, I will take a picture with my better camera so you can see the bronze. I will also take a picture of the whole wall so you can see the whole thing.
Now I don't know how much to charge Erik for them. It took me the better part of all day to do it, and the children were greatly neglected, and I think I lost a little more of my sanity. How do I put a price on that?

9 comments:
I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay to have my sanity back!!!
neat-o!! are you keeping the other one blank? i like it like that (not that your tree isn't great, but to have it as a continuation of a scene...).
Wow! I love it, I wish I could commission you, how fun is that! A price, I think it's pretty high!!! Good luck, hope it's something good!
Wow! Yet another talent I had no idea that you possessed. Great job, and in one day, I am impressed.
It would have taken me more than one day just to decide what colors of paint to buy! You are a gifted Lady, Melissa. I love your painting. The leaves somehow soothe me. Thanks for the pictures. :)
You are talented my friend! Seriously! i used to like to paint even though my pictures were crappy. Once I painted a bee and I wrote fly above it, refering to it's mode of travel, not the actual bug, and whenever people walked in my living room they said that looks more like a bee. It annoed me so much that I finally took it down.
Ahhh happy leaves. I loved that great artist as well. Very beautiful! You did a great job. Can't wait to see the finished wall.
i hope you charged him like a million zillion dollars
nice, i didn't know you painted and you're good. you can't put a price on those beautiful paintings.
Post a Comment