CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was great. It was just my little family of 5. We made way too much food. Ate way too much food. Played games and relaxed. We also put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house.
BLACK FRIDAY (to be read in a spooky menacing voice), was scary. "Hey I think I will get in on the great deals going on and get the kids a few toys for Christmas." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So, I have never in my life shopped on this "shopping day". This is due to the panic and dread I feel in large masses of people. So, anyway, I figure I can go around 9:30 and get those select gifts and be done. NO, friends, this is not how it works. Apparently you have to get there when the store opens and fight people to get what you need. Also good to know, you should go with a buddy. I am a firm believer in the buddy system, and I went without a buddy. DUMB, I know! So, I am clinging to my cart and humming Christmas songs and trying to maneuver my cart through the peoples. I didn't last very long. I left that store with nothing. I got a weird look from the employee by the door. When I got out, I took a breather and headed to another store, thinking since this store was having their sale for 2 days (as opposed to 6 hours), it shouldn't be as busy. It wasn't so bad, until I got to the toy department. Ugh. While I did leave with a few things I wanted for gifts, I lost a little something along the way that I have found irreplaceable...my desire for saving a few bucks.
Lesson learned: Bargain shoppers are the scariest people out there!

4 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Yikes! I am not a black friday lover, I never go shopping on this day no matter what the deal is. I agree, the bargin shoppers are totally scary, I am glad you made it out in one piece. Happy Thanksgiving!

Grandma Turtle said...

Melissa, thanks for validating my same feelings about shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. Sad that people can take a birthday celebration for The Savior, and turn it into a brawl over money and possessions.

April said...

It's a trick--Black Friday, much like the Christmas season in general--to get you to buy things you don't need. Which seems especially dangerous to me in times like these. Sorry, I don't have much holiday spirit: Christmas to me is either/both a religious holiday and/or a commercial one and I don't believe in either. So bah humbug. People getting crushed to death because of other people's greed? The epitome of crazy and the opposite of what Christmas is supposed to be.

Jodi said...

I for one am proud of you for attempting. I am sorry you did not ask for advice from a seasoned black Friday shopper to spare you the scariness! I would happily have been your buddy. I also think people are crazy but think I have found a way to get what I want and come away without a fight! Maybe you will try again in a few years(I will give you time to forget the trauma!)and go as my buddy.