I have no pictures to prove the following was done. You are my friends though, and you should trust me.
To de-clutter and make our home more of a haven, Erik and I did these jobs over this past weekend (and into Monday since he took the day off):
1. took down rickety shelves in garage (sorry for hitting them with the van Erik)
2. put up new shelves, and a lot more of them. Erik got some of that white wire shelving from his workplace because they were getting rid of it. He got so much of it, we did not have to buy any shelves, yay free stuff!
3. took down large wooden shelf in laundry area
4. put up two of the before mentioned shelves in laundry area
5. organized all of the food and tools and things we put on the shelves
6. hung up more shelves in office closet
7. measured out a spot in the backyard for a garden that we will be putting in
8. took everything out of our master closet (wow, there was way too much stuff in there that had nothing to do with clothing)
9. went through all of our clothes and made a "donate" pile
10. reorganized the closet so that we can actually walk into it now, it is so beautiful (you have to take my word for it)
11. went through all of the junk in our bathroom and reorganized it so that we can see what we have and STOP buying more mouthwash (Erik)
12. started working on the office. It has a long way to go, but we did slightly make it better in here.
Future plans include turning my small coat closet into a pantry (because it is right next to the kitchen, and because we don't need a coat closet), build a garden, finish the office, finish the garage (this means getting rid of more stuff), decorate Kenzie's room and organize her closet which still is full of office stuff, and that should keep me busy for the next 100 weekends.
8 years ago

5 comments:
Wow, all that work you accomplished, and I bet you have your Christmas tree up and all the presents wrapped and alphabetized, too! You are a hard worker.
I am organizing in a way, too. We just moved into a new apartment. A smaller apartment. I am having to get really creative in figuring out how to fit all our stuff in here! I have a feeling that a good chunk of stuff that I have in storage is going to stay in storage. Oh well. At least the apartment will be organized!
Dang... on week 101 you are welcome to come do ALL that to my mess! Really. I need an intervention.
Seriously, I just passed out for a minute...
Wow! You are my inspiration, Melissa! (gratuitous "Pillow Talk" allusion) You make me want to be better. I did in fact launch an attack on our playroom after your first post about this and donated and garbagated a ton of stuff! You go, Girl!
Post a Comment