Here we are about to get the cast off. Mackenzie was feeling apprehensive (and I think maybe a small part of her wanted the cast to stay on forever....PSYCH!)

That is a bad shot of the cutting tool used, Mackenzie did not like that thing.

Oh, the smell coming forth! I would describe it as really bad BO combined with rotting meat.

Remember that Chuck-E. Cheeses coin I mentioned? Well, when I told the nice lady that she would find a coin in Mackenzie's cast, she freaked out. She said, "If something gets in the cast, it has to be removed immediately, because if it stays in there, the skin will start to grow over it and in many cases objects have to be surgically removed." I was all, "Wow, you would think someone might have mentioned that?"
Well, here is what that mean old coin did to my girl.

You should have seen the coin, it was all black and gooey (and Kimmie, I didn't have the heart to save it).
Here we are waiting for X-rays. Her arm is VERY stiff, and I would imagine sore.

The nice lady told Mackenzie to soak in a tub and the coin residue would come off (she advised not to scrub it), so she enjoyed a bubble bath and played until her arm looked like this:

How cute is that stiff little arm? She has a permanent beauty queen wave.
3 comments:
oh happy day! except that part about the coin---ew. that's pretty funny they didn't tell you about making sure nothing got in the cast. good thing there was no surgery involved.
I hope her little arm finishes healing and that is her LAST broken bone, ever!
Congratulations, no cast! So, as hard as I laughed that she got a token stuck in there, I laughed even harder at the coin residue! Boy oh boy I love your family! She is adorable by the way!
Post a Comment