CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday

The Land of Make Believe

I love this idea of Dixie's. She is going to take me on an imaginary trip each month. I love it so much, that I thought I would treat her to a trip as well.
So, start spreading the news...
I have romanticized New York City ever since I was a small child and first heard Sinatra croon about it. I am not a well traveled gal, so don't mock me. The farthest East I have been is San Antonio (lovely city). So, here are my Top Ten things to do in NYC:
  1. I have to see THIS in person. It would be a dream come true.
  2. I'll ride in a taxi, and have it end up being the Cash Cab.
  3. I will sit in the audience for a taping of The Late Show with David Letterman and maybe an SNL (depends on who is hosting, oh wait, I'm using my imagination, so A Big Name Actor, or maybe Ernie from Sesame Street).
  4. I'll arrange to meet Erik at the top of the Empire State Building and get hit by a car while crossing the street and wind up teaching music at the local Catholic School.
  5. I'll have a picnic in Central Park.
  6. I will attend a Broadway musical, preferably something good.
  7. I will sit on a bench in Times Square, and read The New York Times.
  8. I'll buy a stop watch and time how long a New York minute lasts.
  9. I will fill my purse up with coupons, and let someone mug me. I think they will really enjoy the "steals" that are out there when you use money saving coupons.
  10. I'll visit this lovely lady:
I don't know about you, but I feel like I was just really there! I need to go lay down.

5 comments:

Dawn Bushman said...

I've also wanted to go see New York City (the closest I've been is Washington D.C.). Your list has got me fantasizing now!

Amy said...

I'll consider that my trip, too. I need one & love NYC.

Kimmie said...

You are so amazing! I love #4. Can you pretend visit Washington D.C. next? I would like to here your travel experiences there and see if you run into Barak Obama.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Sinatra makes me want to do Rockette high kicks when I hear that song! I want to go with you!

Mandi said...

I love your list of things to do. I always say you can't appreciate a Van Gogh until you see one in person! And Cash Cab would rock! The only thing I think you're missing is a meeting with Eric at "Serendipity" as well -- then your trip would be complete -- I mean, if you are recovered from being hit by the car. . . Love the coupon idea too.