CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday

6 Years Ago

Seems like a lifetime (of a six year old child) since we packed up this truck:
and left the majestic beauty that is Idaho (and spent the night in SLC with my Aunt and Uncle).
Look at the three of us there. I was 2 months pregnant. Sam was 19 months old. Erik drove the entire way.
I'd just like to take a moment to tell my past self something.
"Hey Melissa, sorry about the long truck ride you are about to endure (seeing as how you have morning sickness all the day through). Remember how Erik told you that you were just going to live in Arizona for 4 years, then you would head back up to the Northwest? That's not going to happen. Don't worry though, in 6 years, you will realize that you like it down there, and it's not so bad, and it's a "dry heat". Also, buy a house as soon as possible, don't wait for the market to top off (because it will crash as soon as you sign on a house if you wait). And one more thing, please squeeze those little cheeks on Sam (and let him eat ice cream whenever he wants), he gets big really fast.

9 comments:

Megan said...

you 3 are so cute.
I hope you listen to yourself cause that was all excellent advice.

gina said...

That was sad!

gina said...

That was sad!

gina said...

I thought it was so sad that I posted it twice. ;)

Grandma Turtle said...

A pregnant lady riding in a bumpy truck for days and days.....ug! I'm so sorry for you! Tell yourself that if you can make it through that, then you can make it through other things ahead, too. :)

Charlene said...

I am so glad you moved here. I hope you don't leave and go far away.

Melissa M. said...

No worries there, it seems as if the desert has drained us of all of our will to leave.

Jodi said...

Yeah, along with all your water, the desert it will evaporate that desire right out of ya! Glad you're here though!

Diana said...

That comment about squeezing Sam's cheeks made tears spring to my eyes! I have been feeling very old lately mostly because my kids are getting so grown up! Next year I will have a 4th grader, a 2nd grader AND a Kindergartener! Plus my baby boy will turn 2. How did this happen?! ;)