OK, so I did it. I said I wouldn't do it. I did it. I joined Facebook. Let me explain.
Erik joined, and he was finding people, and I said, hey see if some people I know are on there, and I saw a bunch of kin that I wanted to see....and that did me in. I just joined this morning, and I have 41 friends. I never knew I had 41 friends! I even have 3 people that want to be my friend that I am considering (but not really because I don't want to be, but don't worry it's not kin). Please tell me that "ignoring" a friend request is OK.
I am very overwhelmed by it, and I am not sure what to make of it. My mind is all a whirlwind of "friends" and "poking" and "ignoring" and "walls" (fancy facebook words).
Hopefully the craziness of it wears off.
8 years ago

8 comments:
I've been registered on facebook for a while, but have never caught on to the craze or invited people to be my friend. Some day. I've always been a little slow in the social realm. :)
you know else you can do is accept someone's friend request and then unfriend them later and they'll probably never figure it out.
look at you and all your friends. I knew you were popular
It is okay to ignore a friend request. I have had some from people I did go to high school with, we had the same friends, but we never hung out together. I think they call that "friends by association"? I'm not one of those people that need to have 500 friends........so not ostentatious.
I am on face book but not really, I log on every few weeks and accept any friendships that have been offered but I don't poke or update my status or send green plants or any of that stuff.
I accept the friendship of anyone I actually know. Since I don't "keep up" with any of my facebook friends I don't feel guilt for not keeping up with the ones I honestly don't care for. Also, I may not particularly care for so and so from high school but I do like to spy on so and so's profile so I take the friendship and spy when I'm hungry for subterfuge.
And now you know my facebook philosophy.
It's a fun, easy way to share pictures--that's my favorite part!
I facebook. (well I guess you know since we're "friends") The main reason I do it is to bug my little sister-in-law with instant messages. (bottom right corner shows friends that are on-line)
P.S. I don't think it's bad to ignore invitations... Infact, I ignore all boy invitations (besides family). I like things simple.
P.S.S. My college x-boyfriend contacted me via facebook. DUDE! It's been 8 years get over it. ;)
You should know... it does not send them a message when you un-friend them or if you "ignore" their wish to be your friend. :D In my humble opinion, there are 2 types of Facebookers... those who add anyone they possibly know and those who keep it close to the vest and only add those they really want to be in touch with. I don't judge either way... though my vest buttons up with 3 stout buttons. :D I have had SO much fun on it because I moved during high school... finding my AZ friends has been a hoot! :D
Post a Comment