CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

Multitasking!

I am a busy mom. As a busy mom, I have many tasks to accomplish in a day. Here is my Tuesday list:

  1. 3 loads of laundry
  2. wash the dishes from the weekend
  3. make 3 meals
  4. grocery shopping
  5. pick up the dry cleaning
  6. take Jake to soccer practise
  7. help Mary with her homework
  8. pull the weeds in the front yard
  9. pay the bills
  10. water the plants
  11. wash the dog
  12. do the mending
  13. do the ironing
  14. dust
  15. vacuum
  16. sweep
  17. mop
  18. change 8 diapers

You get the picture?

To make my days a little easier, a friend of mine told me about MULTITASKING. What's multitasking you ask? Well, it's when you take several jobs and combine them into one fantastic job. Like this:

How is that "multitasking" you may be asking (see how I stated your question and made it rhyme at the same time...multitasking!)...well let's examine the photo. Here I am:
  1. allowing the children to play
  2. but bathing them at the same time
  3. keeping their clothes on is...you guessed it...Laundry!
  4. the water that spills out is watering the plants
  5. and cleaning the driveway
  6. if I stand really close, I get a shower for the day
  7. my car also gets clean on one side
  8. when they are done, I let them roll around on my kitchen floor and the mopping is done

8 jobs all done in 5 minutes.

Multitasking, you are a modern day miracle.

6 comments:

Shellee said...

I like your version of multitasking. Sounds good to me.

I am making your lasagna probably tomorrow (sat). You need to email me address and directions. Also your phone number.

My email is spm2774@cox.net.

I am even thinking about making the lasagna noodles too! Not just the spectacular sauce that makes it all worth the effort!

Megan said...

2 things....
1. I have vowed to be a better multitasker thanks to your post
2. Can we come over to dinner at your house tomorrow (sat)?

Anonymous said...

Ah Ha, a bit of genius in you my friend!

Amy said...

Ha! I had all these comments running through my head, but after perusing these comments all I can think about is lasagna. And how I want to go make some. Right now.

Diana said...

This is great! You're a genius! And when my husband asks, I'm giving you ALL the credit when I try out your ideas!! :D

Kimmie said...

Everytime I start reading your Thievery Thursday posts, I always believer you in the beginning. Like where it said "take Jake to soccer practice" I was wondering which one of your kids you nicknamed Jake. Then I saw Mary and realized it was a Thursday post, which I happen to love!
YES, you can read Laurie's blog! I have a feeling the two of you would get along really really well!