Yesterday was a great day. It was a day free of food prep. A day free of cares and worries. It was a day to be remembered.
When my friend Shellee had a contest on her blog to win a homemade lasagna, I put forth my best efforts to win.
And win I did:
Words fail to describe the joy I felt while eating it.
I will try anyway...the perfect noodles mixed with the flawless sauce combined in my mouth and took me on a journey back to my homeland. I saw Mama churning butter on the front porch. Papa was herding in the goats after a long hard work day. He wiped the sweat from his brow and smiled at me. Then he lifted me up onto his shoulders so that I could choose the very best apple from our tree. I polished it up on my apron and when I bit into it, I lost my first tooth. Mama gave me a penny which I promptly took to the mercantile to buy a penny candy. On my way home, I was walking by Old Man Tuttle's house and I smelled the most delicious smell ever. I asked him what could be making that amazing smell.
Lasagna was his one word reply.
Lasagna.
I dreamed of how it must taste.
I hoped that one day....one day I could partake of this magical dish.
Yesterday was that day.
It was better than I had imagined.

3 comments:
Thank you
...and you're welcome.
I learn so much from readying your blogs. For example, I had NO IDEA your Dad had goats.
LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment