College roommate.
What just went through your head.
Annoyance?
Love?
Disgust?
Or maybe you never had the experience of living with complete strangers for a 9 month lease.
I had a few different roommates.
A few I liked and really enjoyed living with.
One good thing about having roommates is that it gave me experience living with all of those personalities. It prepared me for living with Erik (I mean that in a nice way, because I love him).
Dixie Wise, I hope you know you were my favorite college roommate. I think that's why you wanted me to write about this. Dixie is one of my soul friends that I just clicked with. She really understands me and loves me still. I learned a lot in the short months of being her roommate. She taught me: to love Jane Austen, baking (and all about Julia Child), to laugh at myself, to not be afraid to try new things, to put the lime in the coconut, to wear make-up and to pluck my eye brows (side note: she didn't teach me those things, I just learned them by her example), to dress for the occasion (seriously, I was SO ungirly). She also inspired me to draw and paint more.
She brought out the best in me.
I am so glad I asked her to be my roommate one Halloween night, long ago.
8 years ago

2 comments:
I am so glad you picked me and not the teriaki chicken eating, pig lover who thought I was despicable. he he. I am so honored I could be your roommate and that you loved me and continue to love me no matter how much I fall short. It's like you see the me I want to be and encourage me to be better. And THAT is true friendship.
How romantic! :) I love that you proposed to her.
I'm horrible at staying in touch--I have lost contact with pretty much every roommate I've had.
Post a Comment