CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday

work day 1

Before:
During:
Removing tile is not fun. Erik rented an electric tool (similar to a small jack hammer) and the picture above was just the first step. I removed all of the tile, then we put a different bit on the machine and had to scrap off the thin set. Then I had to remove the piles of rubbish from that. We got it done though.
How I left it last night:
A preview of things to come:
We bought the paint this morning. We still need to clean the house really well before we can start painting. My body feels like I fell off of a two story building.

7 comments:

Megan said...

HOLY COW!

April said...

Wow, you're serious. Big undertaking! Excitement~

Grandma Turtle said...

Man, I wish there weren't so many thousands of miles between us. I'd surprise you and come over and help! Do your kids come with you, and 'scout out' their new place?

gina said...

Hard labor is so not for me. Especially painting. My arms get tired going up and down and reaching high and low. Man, I'm getting tired just thinking aobut it. Good for you guys!!

***LIZ*** said...

We need to do this in our kitchen, any tips or advice? I love a remodel, can't wait to see more.

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

We took out tile in a entryway once, and it about killed us. Great work! Love those pics--keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! What an undertaking, but will be so worth it!