CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Something New

I have some great big news!
We got a new house!
It is in our same neighborhood. It's just a little bit roomier. We have talked my parents into being snowbirds this winter and they are going to live with us. I am beyond excited! It does need some TLC. It was a short sale, and we got a smoking hot deal on it, so we can fix it up some. It just needs new flooring, paint, and a lot of yard work.
Today, we are tearing out the flooring. By "we", I mean Erik and I. Don't be jealous of all that spouse bonding time. We will paint on Friday and Saturday. Then some guys are going to put in the new flooring. Erik has some friends in the building industry, so we are getting a great deal on it.
For fun, I will post pictures along the way. I can't promise something like every day, but I will do my best because I love before and afters.

9 comments:

Grandma Turtle said...

Happy new house! Be sure to email me your new address, k? What about the house you are now living in... will you sell it? Family Adventures are such great fun!

Dawn Bushman said...

Very cool, congratulations on the new house!

Eva said...

Le sigh, my little corner of the hod just gets lonelier and lonelier.
I'm happy for you though.

***LIZ*** said...

I can't wait to see what you guys do with the place, post some pics soon!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

What a great idea! Your kids will be in heaven!! Your Mom and Dad live for grandparenting time!

gina said...

I can't wait to see! We're thinking about selling our house too. We've outgrown our first home!

Cami said...

I can't wait to see it. That is awesome!! Seriously if you need help let me know k.

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

Probably your Dad will be happier living with you if you leave some house projects undone until he arrives. You're in for some very cool family time!

April said...

congrats! that is exciting. can't wait to see pics.