N is for Neapolitan ice cream.It's my favorite.
I don't exactly understand how it can be called a flavor of ice cream though. It is in fact 3 flavors in one package. Strange that I love it so...I wouldn't go to an ice cream shop and order strawberry or vanilla or chocolate all by themselves. It is only when they are combined in my bowl that I truly appreciate each flavor.
Sometimes, I combine the chocolate and strawberry together on my spoon.
Other times it's vanilla and chocolate that get combined.
Yet still, there is something to be said for the understated vanilla/strawberry marriage.
One time I got a big old frozen strawberry in my ice cream.
I didn't let it bother me much.
After all, I was sitting there eating ice cream, not getting my appendix removed.
The things we find complain about!

6 comments:
Next time you have Neo. Ice Cream add RICE KRISPIE Cereal - soooo yummy. adds a crunch.
I've never sought out Neopolitan ice cream. Perhaps I should.
How about Neopolitan ice cream sandwiches??? Yum!
Seeing that block of ice-cream reminded me of my childhood. We'd have Neapolitan ice cream and my dad would slice it with a knife to make sure it was all even. Mmmmm...memory slices from childhood can be so sweet.
Uncle Milt and Aunt Stella used to serve up neopolitan ice cream when we would go to see them. Everything tasted GRAND at their house. :)
I like how you put it on a platter, that made me smile really big and now I must go get some ice cream.
Post a Comment