CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday

Banana pancakes

Confession: I have never heard or even thought of banana pancakes.
Why?
Where has this gem been hiding all my adult life?
I love banana bread and muffins.
I had some really ripe bananas today, and no desire to wait for bread or muffins.
I thought about pancakes.
I looked on-line and sure enough, there are people that have been keeping this from me.
I mashed up 2 bananas and added it to my pancake batter along with a tsp of cinnamon.
When that batter hit the griddle, oh, the beautiful smell!
They were delicious.
I thought up a few variations to make them extra special:
add blueberries
add chocolate chips
top with fresh berries
add chopped walnuts

Do you have a jazzed up way of making pancakes?

9 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

On the 4th of July, we have pancakes with fresh fruit and ice cream on top--yes, ice cream is a breakfast food.

Carissa said...

People weren't keeping them from you, they were keeping the idea for you.

I vote to add chocolate chips and marshmallows to the batter!

Eva said...

ugh, my mom used to make banana pancakes. From down stairs the banana part of the aroma was undetectable, so I'd come up sniffing ready for yummy pancakes and once I reached the kitchen the Banana smell would come out of hiding and I'd have to run, run away as fast as I could go before I had to smell anymore.
I'm glad though, since you like them, that you found them. I hope you are very happy together.

jessica poole robins said...

I am not sure that I've ever eaten them, but I've always loved the Jack Johnson song about Banana Pancakes♫
They sound and look delicious right now!

Anonymous said...

I have this friend Melissa, and every time I make pancakes now they say, "Mom, do it Melissa's way"... food coloring in the batter :)

Stacey said...

sorry, they truly are great, aren't they, would have shared had I known that you would like! I have the best martha stewart recipe for pumpkin pancakes. And they freeze too for fast mornings on the go!

Melissa M. said...

I will find that on-line, thanks Stacey.
I just love me some carbs in the morning!
Dixie, I miss you and your darlings!

Amy said...

I'm not a pancake fan, but I'm sure this is something my boys would LOVE.

I'm glad you're on a food kick. I could use some inspiration.

Grandma Crum said...

This sounds great. I'd toss some bananas in too, but Justin hates bananas-poor me.

I make my pancakes with ground wheat and ground oatmeal for the flour-very good. After I make bread, I use the extra groud flour and mix together the dry ingredients in a baggie and then just have to add the last few ingredients on a pancake morning. I alway fix extra to freeze, so the kids can get them themselves on occation.

I send you the recipe when I get home Saturday (still me-not grandma crum) if you want. (smcookmom@gmail.com)