CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday

Cookin' Mama

If I were to post TWO posts in one day, that reason would be food.
I love food, and today, I loved cooking.
Didn't make any lunch because we ate such a late breakfast (see: previous post).  Then for dinner, I was all, "I want some chicken, but I don't want the same old grilled chicken that I usually make, I want some fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn."  I used Pioneer Woman's chicken strips recipe (didn't have buttermilk on hand, so I used milk and mixed in a beaten egg), then I followed the recipe on my cream cheese wrapper and made some yummy mashed potatoes (whipped with cream cheese and garlic and butter and goodness).  I didn't have corn on the cob, which would have put it over the top, but the canned corn was there for me.
Erik said it was the best meal I had ever made.
Smart man.
I would have taken a picture, but I was too hungry to grab my camera (see: no lunch).

6 comments:

Myra said...

I LOVE Pioneer Woman. Made her short ribs today over mashed potatoes and they were heavenly. She is the best place to find a good home cooked meal.

Amy said...

It sounds amazing!

Grandma Crum said...

Stop cooking now. You have already achieved greatness.

Susan

dgmthrof4 said...

Is Pioneer Woman a cook book, or can I find the recipe's online? We love fried chicken, but I have yet to find a recipe that we like really well. :)

Congrats on the achievement!

Anonymous said...

That was the best meal I have ever eaten as well. Man, thanks for making that for me. I am so glad we live next door to each other.

Love, the hopeful dreamer

The White's said...

Makes me hungry just reading about it. I haven't had a potato in 5 months. It sounds sooo... good. Especially with all the extra's.