CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday

Fools Gold

Sam planned the best April Fools joke for his dad.  He had us turn the house into a restaurant complete with menus, a hostess (Mackenzie), a waiter (Sam, who changed into his white dress shirt and hung a cloth napkin from his belt), a cook (me), and a bus boy (Henry).  Erik was greeted at the door and taken to a table.  Sam got his drink order, then his food order.  Then we all sat down and ate.  Then, after dessert, Sam shouted, "April Fools!  This isn't really a restaurant!"  You should have seen the look on Erik's face....Sam sure got him good!
As for my prank, I feel like I should apologize.  I didn't for a second believe that you would think my joke was real, I mean, I was giggling the whole time I typed it.
I will however, always treasure Whitney's essay comment, and when I am having a bad day, I will read it and smile.   

5 comments:

Elliot, Whitney & Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

Whatever happened to the rubberband around the the kitchen sink sprayer or the unhooking of the toilet flusher tricks? This one was just mean. My blood pressure Melissa.

Also, I almost called Erik and had him talk to you about postpartum depression. I was concerned, really concerned.

And yet, this all goes along with why I love your blog. I should stop, lest this turns into another essay. :)

Kirstin said...

I giggled through that post too. :) You little prankster, you!

Anonymous said...

It was only when I typed my april fools joke that I got yours... you win Melissa and what a relief you will still blog, yahooooo!

Kimmie said...

That is the cutest cutest cutest thing I have ever heard of! You guys are so much fun!!!!! Tell Sam that was a great idea!
Im glad your blog quitting prank was just a prank! Yours really is one of my favorites! I always check yours and Whitneys first!