Whatever happened to calling on someone, just dropping by to say hello or see how your friend is? Is it out of fashion? It's so much easier to send an email or make a phone call. Easier, but so much less friendly. I think it would be fun to hear a doorbell and have it be an unexpected friend (rather than a guy wanting to sell me something). It would probably even inspire me to comb my hair each day cause I never know if Molly or Fannie will drop by.
I am going to run with this idea. I will sit at home each day and wait for someone to call on me.
OK, I am going to call on someone. I don't much like going to a home uninvited, but I will just have to get over that. I will have to imagine that my unexpected visit will be welcome and bring joy, and that they will have just pulled some cookies out of the oven.
I challenged my Sunday School class to be friendlier this week and see how their week goes. This will be how I do it. I will let you know the results.
8 years ago

5 comments:
I would love to come drop in, I just live even FARTHER away now. I'll just continue to drop in on your blog and make more comments, how's that?
I would love to have someone come a calling! I think that everyone knows I work at home so I think they are afraid they will interrupt. I would welcome an interruption!:)
I promise to call every Tuesday at 3:00 pm for tea and scones (and maybe if I'm lucky, cucumber sandwiches...) You can call on me every Friday at 11:00 am for brunch... I MISS YOU!
Thank you for "dropping in" (okay, so I invited you..) for dinner.
And thank you for your "friendliness" in hosting a great book club tonight. You're fantastic!
I love calling on people. Myra and I do it each month for our visiting teaching. We get way better results if we don't let them know we are coming.
Post a Comment