CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday

Thievery Thursday

My Weeds
It all started as most things do, with the thought to make the world a better place. I was out for a walk and I noticed the most unsightly patch of weeds. My fingers itched to pull them out and destroy them, but I held myself back. Later that night, aided by a flashlight, a pair of gloves, and some camouflage face paint, I sneaked out of the house and back to the weed patch.
I pulled for what seemed like two hours and twenty four minutes. Then came the dilemma. I had a monstrous pile of weeds and nothing to transport them with. Thoughts flashed through my mind faster than they could be comprehended...a plastic bag, a cardboard box, did I leave my curling iron plugged in, my trunk, a wagon, yes wheels, a WHEELBARROW! Luckily I knew my neighbor kept one in his garage for emergencies like this. After I loaded the weeds and started on my journey back home I had a feeling of deep remorse come over me. What had I just done? Who was I to pluck the life away from a living thing? How was I to set things right again?
Tomorrow I will give them a new home in my backyard. A place where they can feel safe. I just hope their delicate root systems won't go into shock during the planting. They really are quite beautiful after all.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I would not steal that experience from anyone. I so don't love weed work.

Kindall Family said...

So you pulled weeds from someone else's yard? You are INSANE! Only you, Melissa. Only you. And by the way, that is a good thing. :)

gina said...

You are SO fun!

Eva said...

ah, weeds.

Anonymous said...

So does your neighbor know that "thievery thursday" now consists of you "borrowing" his wheelbarrow in the middle of the night???

CJ said...

Did you steal them from someone else's yard? You skamp!!!