CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday

Blah!

Question: When will I like Mondays?
Answer: When I am 99, because I will be senile; therefore, I will not recognize the days of the week and I will be tricked into liking Mondays.

In order to feel like today won't be a complete loss, I will now type out a list of things that I should get done. Just typing a list is an accomplishment right?
TO DO

  • make my bed
  • color with Kenzie and Henry
  • clean my bathroom (ya right)
  • do at least 2 loads of laundry
  • feed my children lunch
  • take Kenzie and her friend to preschool
  • get Henry to take a nap
  • drop off a book to Jodi
  • pick up Kenzie and her friend
  • pick up Sam
  • sit and ponder why I am typing this list
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

Now I am semi depressed because this list is SO boring. My friends, I am in dire need of some Monday fun, so please save me!

10 comments:

Eva said...

I locked myself (wearing my jammies)in the office while the children watched Clifford. Now Clifford if over and I hear them out there wandering motherless but I'm just not ready to unlock the door.
I feel you sister.

Leilani said...

I think you copied my list.
1. Make bed
2. Make sure I get a shower.
3. Laundry
4. Try to actually fold the laundry
5. Let Blake play computer games so I can finish Breaking Dawn.
6. What to make for dinner.

Megan said...

You know what would be fun??
If henry threw up when it was time to go pick up kenzie and friend and then if her "friend" could throw a huge fit as well as rocks at your car.
Yeah, that could make your day more interesting.

Amy said...

Is that what actually happened? You cursed yourself by needing more excitement, Melissa. I've been happily ignoring my kids/reading on the couch for the past two hours!

Melissa M. said...

Yes indeed Amy, but let us add more puking when we got home from picking up Kenzie. WHO'S TO BLAME?????

Grandma Turtle said...

A few years back, I had to go and have a Dr. put the pieces of me back together because I felt alot like you described in this post. She told me to plan things into every day that are just for my own fun....a phone call to an uplifting friend, a short nap, (an email to your Mom), blowing bubbles, a quick sewing project, whatever makes you happy. She also said never to say to myself: "I SHOULD be doing......(laundry, dishes, vacuuming, etc.)" So before you fall to bits because all you do is kids, kids, kids, work, cleaning, laundry, kids, etc.: pick something you enjoy doing and do a little of it every day! It really helps the dulldrums.

Melissa M. said...

Thanks Aunt Darla!

Amy said...

Is Henry feeling better today?

Anonymous said...

I find on days like these that the best thing to do is pretend like you have amnesia. When people ask you questions, just look at them blankly and say, "I'm sorry, who are you? My name is Steven." They will abruptly raise an eyebrow and walk away. I did this in my event committee meeting yesterday but nobody thought I was funny (just kidding), but I have thought about it.

Jodi said...

I know it won't make you feel any better about Mondays, but since I had to pick up my own book from you on Tuesday (jk, I didn't know about the puke and really wasn't expecting to be on your list), anyway, the book really made my Tuesday not be so much like your Monday! I'm starting to get into it! Thx.