I tried to be a runner. I really did. I ran with friends, and I felt myself getting better. The only thing coming between me and running, is my knee. I've got a bad knee. I blame my genes really, I mean ever since I can remember every single time I bend down to pick something up, my knees pop. It's loud too. I have grown so used to it, that when I'm around someone new, they are shocked by my knee popping self. Anyhow, Erik broke down and bought me this very bicycle:
I love it! While it is not as fun as running and scenery changes, it doesn't make my knee hurt. It has preset workouts, and I just push a button and I have to keep it a certain speed while the difficulty changes. That is a handy feature.
So, now I am thinking of turning my house into a gym for all that live nearby. I just have the one bike though, so please schedule in advance.
8 years ago

5 comments:
sweet!!! one thing i have recently learned---your body likes variation, so choose presets that have a lot of different levels, or that always switches between a couple of levels...it makes it more interesting, too (on the elliptical anyway) when i am waiting for "the next level"
Nice that you can go for a bikeride, and not have to get a sitter for the kids! :)
That may be what I need. Running would cripple me for the very same reason - BAD KNEES! I creak going up and down the stairs - it is such a gross sound. Have fun on your new exercise bike - FUN!!
I like my stationary bike. Mostly because I can read and exercise at the same time. Always a good thing!
I'm up for some bike time - will you watch my kids? Just kidding. I think I've told you before, but you should totally take glucosomine-chrondroiten (I totally don't know how to spell it), but it has really done wonders with my knees when I work out.
Post a Comment