CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday

Priorities

Estelle woke up sick yesterday.  She has a cold and it is knocking her out!  Poor girl, she is so pathetic with her droopy eyes and cough.  She does still smile at me.
The projects will wait for me, and I will be the one that gets to hold her a lot, she especially likes to be held now.
Whitney, I can't risk her getting you sick, but I am brainstorming on how we can get together when she is better.  Either you can drive to nearly Mexico or I can come visit you.  That's all I thought out so far.
Thank you, Aunt Darla and Katie, I sure wish that could happen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's how the life of a mother works and I smile because you are holding the most important thing right now, you are an amazing mom Melissa!

the mrs. said...

Melissa- a friend told me this today-after telling me how much she loved her pediatrician-and how much she trusted her-it's someting I wish I'd have know when I had little young ones who could blow their noses.

The doctor told them to take the baby into the shower-get the shower as steamy as you can and stay in there for a while-I think the idea is to get the baby to breathe as much of the steam as possible.
Then, as fast as you can, go open your freezer door and keep the baby's face in the freezer & let it breath the cold, cold air for about a minute.
(but don't put the whole baby in the freezer-that would be wrong-just hold it so it's breathing the cold air-and I'd have that baby wrapped up very warm)

My friend told me that when her husband pulled the child's face away from the freezer-the child wriggled her little nose & and gunk just came flowing out.

Weird, I know. And how we got on that discussion, I have no idea-but
maybe this is why.

Hope that little one gets well soon!

the mrs. said...

Oh- and the husband pulled the baby away from the freezer because the wife was just too freaked out about the whole thing.

Susan said...

I hope your baby feels better soon. I have to smile every time you talk about living in "near Mexico" because in about 8 minutes I can BE in Mexico. Last summer when the kids and I woulld be driving to swim meets, we were driving with the border fence about 100 yards away the whole time.

I have recently heard (at church) that there is the best and cutest Thrifty ice cream shoppe just over the border. We are hoping for a free Saturday soon.